The Client and the issue
EEBS work with a small client which is a traditional family builder firms across the country, specialising in domestic refurbishments, extension, new garage builds, and general building.
The owner of the company works with a small team of multi-skilled tradesmen, supplying all of the plant, equipment, and materials for the tradesmen, who are paid an agreed daily rate. The client usually runs only one project at a time.
After the consultation process it was clear that, in spite of the high skill levels of the tradesmen, the client exercised significant control over how the work was performed by the tradesmen. Consequently, the client adopted our hybrid self-employed/PAYE contract solution. Whilst he has seen an increase in payroll costs, that increase is still significantly lower than the cost of a fully employed workforce, with the client retaining the flexibility to meet his staffing requirements, and the sub-contractors still enjoy most of the benefits of self-employment.
The solution enabled the client:
- To keep continuity in his workforce, with the ability to closely match staff to workload
- Not to be subjected to the major costs and administration requirements associated with an employed workforce, including holiday pay.
EEBS Solutions include:
- CIS Payrolling with guarantees of Self Employment Status
- Self-employed but subject to PAYE hybrid models
- Personal Service Company solutions
- CIS administration services